CURRENT STREET WORK
VISTA CHINO ROAD WORK
GENE AUTRY TO CLUBHOUSE VIEW DRIVE (ESCENA ENTRANCE)
Tuesday-Thursday, May 23-25, 2017 - 7:00am - 4:00pm
(Traffic Control setup and cleanup may extend work hours.)
Periodic LANE CLOSURES on VISTA CHINO between GENE AUTRY TRAIL
and CLUBHOUSE VIEW DR (ESCENA) for road reconstruction.
IT IS RECOMMENDED YOU AVOID THE AREA DURING PEAK COMMUTE HOURS.
***** EXPECT DELAYS AND USE ALTERNATE ROUTES*****
INTERSECTION OF HWY 111 & TRAMWAY ROAD
TRAFFIC CONTROL BY CALIFORNIA HIGHWAY PATROL
Thursday, May 18, 2017 - 1:00PM - 6:00pm
PERIODIC LANE CLOSURES BY CHP AT INTERSECTION AND
AT PALM SPRINGS VISTORS CENTER .
***** EXPECT DELAYS AND OBEY OFFICER DIRECTIONS****
++++++++++SEMPRA (SOCAL GAS) CONSTRUCTION+++++++++
SOCAL GAS CONSTRUCTION WITHIN
BELARDO ROAD BTW RAMON RD & BARISTO RD
May 1- June 9, 2017 - 7:00am - 4:30pm
Periodic ROAD CLOSURES and DETOURS along BELARDO ROAD
between RAMON ROAD and BARISTO ROAD as a NEW GAS MAIN
and SERVICES to the businesses on the EAST SIDE are constructed.
*****OBEY ALL TRAFFIC CONTROL SIGNS AND EXPECT DELAYS *****
++++++++++ DOWNTOWN CONSTRUCTION+++++++++
SPA CASINO PARKING STRUCTURE CONSTRUCTION
Amado Road between Calle Encilia and Calle El Segundo
August 2016 - April 2017
Portions of sidewalk along Calle El Segundo and Amado Road
will be CLOSED to pedestrian traffic during construction.
*****OBEY ALL PEDESTRIAN CONTROL SIGNS AND USE NEW PARKING LOT
AND ENTRANCE ON SOUTH SIDE OF CASINO *****
+++++++SPECIAL EVENTS ROAD CLOSURES+++++++
Palm Canyon Drive is CLOSED every THURSDAY
6:00pm - 10:00 pm
from Amado Road- Baristo Road.
SLOW FOR THE CONE ZONE
Maintenance and Operations workers risk their lives every day working on open freeways, highways, and local roads and are true unsung heroes of transportation.The following tips are to help you stay safe while traveling through maintenance and construction work zones. Motorists can make trips a little safer by remembering the following work zone safety tips.
- Do not speed in work zones; obey the posted speed limits.
- Stay Alert! Expect the unexpected.
- Watch for workers; drive with caution.
- Don't change lanes unnecessarily.
- Avoid using mobile phones while driving in work zones.
- Turn on headlights so that workers and other drivers can see you.
- Be especially alert at night while driving in work zones.
- Expect delays, especially during peak travel times.
- Allow ample space between you and the car in front of you.
- Anticipate lane shifts, and merge when directed to do so.
- Be Patient and SLOW DOWN in construction zones!
TRAFFIC TEXT ALERTS
For TEXT ALERTS from Palm Springs Police Department on accident or weather-related WEEKEND & WEEKDAY road closures that will affect your weekend plans or daily commutes, subscribe to NIXLE to receive up to date weather related or police incident road closures.