Architectural Advisory Committee Meeting
- Date: 07/17/2017 3:00 PM
- Location: Palm Springs Convention Center, Primrose D
277 N. Avenida Caballeros
Palm Springs, California 92262
ARCHITECTURAL ADVISORY COMMITTEE
CITY OF PALM SPRINGS, CALIFORNIA
Palm Springs Convention Center
Primrose D, 277 N. Avenida Caballeros
Palm Springs, California 92262
Maria Song, Chair
Kenny Cassady, Vice-Chair
Sheila Miller, Alternate
Flinn Fagg, AICP, Director of Planning Services
Glenn Mlaker, AICP, Associate Planner
Noriko Kikuchi, Assistant Planner
Ken Lyon, Associate Planner
Edward Robertson, Principal Planner
Pursuant to the Government Code Section 54957.5(b)(2) the designated office for inspection of public records in connection with the meeting is the Office of the City Clerk, City Hall, 3200 E. Tahquitz Canyon Way. Complete Agenda Packets are available for public inspection at: City Hall, Office of the City Clerk. Agenda and staff reports are available on the City’s website: www.palmspringsca.gov. If you would like additional information on any item appearing on this agenda, please contact the Planning Department at (760) 323-8245.
It is the intention of the City of Palm Springs to comply with the Americans with Disabilities Act (ADA) in all respects. If, as an attendee or a participant at this meeting, or in meetings on a regular basis, you will need special assistance beyond what is normally provided, the City will attempt to accommodate you in every reasonable manner. Please contact the Planning Department, (760) 323-8245, at least 48 hours prior to the meeting, to inform us of your particular needs and to determine if accommodation is feasible.
CALL TO ORDER:
REPORT OF THE POSTING OF AGENDA: Agenda is available for public access at the City Hall bulletin board (west side of Council Chamber) and the Planning Department counter by 6:00 pm on Thursday, July 13, 2017.
ACCEPTANCE OF THE AGENDA: The Architectural Advisory Committee will discuss the order of the agenda, may amend the order, note abstentions and request Consent Calendar items be removed from the consent calendar for discussion.
PUBLIC COMMENTS: This time has been set aside for members of the public to address the Architectural Advisory Committee on the Consent Calendar and other agenda items; and items of general interest within the subject matter jurisdiction of the Board. Although the Architectural Advisory Committee values your comments, pursuant to the Brown Act, it generally cannot take any action on items not listed on the posted Agenda. Three (3) minutes assigned for each speaker.
The following routine matters may be acted upon by one motion. Individual items may be removed by the Board for separate discussion at this time or under Approval of the Agenda.
1. APPROVAL OF MINUTES: MAY 15, 2017 AND JUNE 5, 2017
2. SUNRISE OASIS HOA REQUESTING A MINOR ARCHITECTURAL APPROVAL FOR A 54,092-SQUARE FOOT TURF REMOVAL PROJECT LOCATED AT 800 NORTH SUNRISE WAY, ZONE R-1-C (CASE 3.1181 MAA). (GM)
3. CITY OF PALM SPRINGS REQUESTING A MINOR ARCHITECTURAL APPROVAL FOR RENOVATIONS TO THE SECURE BAGGAGE PROCESSING AND SCREENING AREA AT THE PALM SPRINGS INTERNATIONAL AIRPORT LOCATED AT 3400 EAST TAHQUITZ CANYON WAY, ZONE A (CASE 3.2594 MAA). (GM)
4. MIKE MENDOZA FOR A MAJOR ARCHITECTURAL APPLICATION TO CONSTRUCT A 3,374 SQUARE-FOOT SINGLE-FAMILY RESIDENCE ON A MAJOR THOROUGHFARE AT 2140 NORTH SUNRISE WAY, ZONE R-1-C (CASE 3.4020 MAJ). (NK)
5. LULU RESTAURANT FOR AN ART MURAL APPLICATION ON A COMMERCIAL RESTAURANT BUILDING LOCATED AT 200 SOUTH PALM CANYON DRIVE, ZONE CBD (CASE 17-002 MUR). (GM)
6. ROSIAN V, LLC FOR A PLANNED DEVELOPMENT DISTRICT (PDD) AND A MINOR ARCHITECTURAL APPLICATION (MAA) FOR CONSTRUCTION OF A SOUND STAGE AND OUTDOOR MUSIC VENUE AT THE MONROE HOTEL (AKA INFUSION BEACH HOTEL) LOCATED AT 1900 NORTH PALM CANYON DRIVE (CASE 5.1409 PDD 387 / 3.864 MAA). (KL)
7. GLENWOOD MANAGEMENT GROUP, LLC, FOR A MAJOR ARCHITECTURAL APPLICATION TO CONSTRUCT A SEVENTEEN-UNIT APARTMENT COMPLEX ON A 1.08-ACRE UNDEVELOPED PARCEL LOCATED AT 2150 NORTH ZANJERO ROAD, ZONE R-2 (CASE 3.3989-MAJ). (ER)
8. TIM AND JESSICA SPRY FOR A MINOR ARCHITECTURAL APPLICATION TO CONSTRUCT A SIX (6) SPACE PARKING LOT ON A VACANT PARCEL TO SERVICE AN ADJACENT HOTEL LOACTED AT 526 SOUTH CAMINO REAL, ZONE R-2 (CASE 3.1371 MAA). (GM)
Staff Report - Part 2
COMMITTEE MEMBER COMMENTS:
STAFF MEMBER COMMENTS:
ADJOURNMENT: The Architectural Advisory Committee of the City of Palm Springs will adjourn to the next regular meeting at 3:00 pm on Tuesday, September 5, 2017, Council Chamber, City Hall, 3200 East Tahquitz Canyon Way, Palm Springs.