Architectural Advisory Committee Meeting
- Date: 03/20/2017 3:00 PM
- Location: City Hall, Council Chamber
3200 E. Tahquitz Canyon Way
Palm Springs, California 92262
ARCHITECTURAL ADVISORY COMMITTEE
CITY OF PALM SPRINGS, CALIFORNIA
Council Chamber, 3200 East Tahquitz Canyon Way, Palm Springs, California 92262
Maria Song, Chair
Kenny Cassady, Vice-Chair
Sheila Miller, Alternate
Flinn Fagg, AICP, Director of Planning Services
Ken Lyon, Associate Planner
David Newell, Associate Planner
Eward Robertson, Principal Planner
Pursuant to the Government Code Section 54957.5(b)(2) the designated office for inspection of public records in connection with the meeting is the Planning Department, City Hall, 3200 E. Tahquitz Canyon Way. Complete Agenda Packets are available for public inspection at: City Hall, Planning Department. Agenda and staff reports are available on the City’s website: www.palmspringsca.gov. If you would like additional information on any item appearing on this agenda, please contact the Planning Department at (760) 323-8245.
It is the intention of the City of Palm Springs to comply with the Americans with Disabilities Act (ADA) in all respects. If, as an attendee or a participant at this meeting, or in meetings on a regular basis, you will need special assistance beyond what is normally provided, the City will attempt to accommodate you in every reasonable manner. Please contact the Planning Department, (760) 323-8245, at least 48 hours prior to the meeting, to inform us of your particular needs and to determine if accommodation is feasible.
CALL TO ORDER:
REPORT OF THE POSTING OF AGENDA: Agenda is available for public access at the City Hall bulletin board (west side of Council Chamber) and the Planning Department counter by 12:00 pm on Thursday, March 16, 2017.
ACCEPTANCE OF THE AGENDA: The Architectural Advisory Committee will discuss the order of the agenda, may amend the order, note abstentions and request Consent Calendar items be removed from the consent calendar for discussion.
PUBLIC COMMENTS: This time has been set aside for members of the public to address the Architectural Advisory Committee on the Consent Calendar and other agenda items; and items of general interest within the subject matter jurisdiction of the Board. Although the Architectural Advisory Committee values your comments, pursuant to the Brown Act, it generally cannot take any action on items not listed on the posted Agenda. Three (3) minutes assigned for each speaker.
The following routine matters may be acted upon by one motion. Individual items may be removed by the Board for separate discussion at this time or under Approval of the Agenda.
1. APPROVAL OF MINUTES: February 6, 2017, February 21, 2017 and March 6, 2017
2. NEXUS DEVELOPMENT CORPORATION FOR A PLANNED DEVELOPMENT DISTRICT, A MAJOR ARCHITECTURAL APPLICATION AND TENTATIVE TRACT MAP FOR A TWO PHASE DEVELOPMENT CONSISTING OF (1) REPURPOSING CLASS 1 HISTORIC BUILDINGS ON 3.1-ACRES AT THE NORTHEAST CORNER OF NORTH CALLE EL SEGUNDO AND EAST TAHQUITZ CANYON WAY AND (2) FORTY-EIGHT ATTACHED RESIDENTIAL UNITS ON 5.6-ACRES LOCATED AT THE SOUTHEAST CORNER OF NORTH CALLE EL SEGUNDO AND EAST ANDREAS ROAD, ZONE RA AND REO, SECTION 14 (CASE NOS. 5.1399 PD-385, 3.3983 MAJ AND TTM 36876). (DN)
3. FREEHOLD COMMUNITIES, LLC, REQUESTING APPROVAL OF FINAL DEVELOPMENT PLANS FOR COMPLETE LANDSCAPING AT THE MIRALON DEVELOPMENT LOCATED ALONG THE NORTH SIDE OF SAN RAFAEL DRIVE, EAST OF NORTH INDIAN CANYON DRIVE, SOUTH OF THE WHITEWATER RIVER AND WEST OF SUNRISE WAY, ZONE PDD 290, SECTION 35 (CASE 5.0982-PD 290 / TTM 31848). (ER)
4. NORTH PALM CANYON DRIVE, LLC, FOR A PLANNED DEVELOPMENT DISTRICT (PDD) AND MAJOR ARCHITECTURAL APPLICATION (MAJ) FOR “THE ZINQUE RESORT”; A MIXED-USE HOTEL DEVELOPMENT LOCATED AT 350 NORTH PALM CANYON DRIVE, ZONE CBD, DOWNTOWN PARKING ZONE, DOWNTOWN DESIGN GUIDELINES, RESORT OVERLAY (CASE 5.1393 PDD 382). (KL)
COMMITTEE MEMBER COMMENTS:
STAFF MEMBER COMMENTS:
ADJOURNMENT: The Architectural Advisory Committee of the City of Palm Springs will adjourn to the next regular meeting at 3:00 pm on Monday, April 3, 2017, Council Chamber, City Hall, 3200 East Tahquitz Canyon Way, Palm Springs.